When my brother and I were old enough to stay at home without supervision, our parents set up rules for us to follow:
- Karl (my bother) is in charge.
- Spend an hour practicing both piano and trumpet.
- No Nintendo.
- No TV (didn’t really matter – dad was anti-cable TV).
- Must clean the house every day (probably why I am a clean freak).
My brother and I had our own set of rules:
- Practice piano & trumpet for 15 minutes (combined).
- Karl can play Nintendo all day, if Kurtis can play with fire…
Yup, I had recently discovered fire. I would play with my action figures outside, pour gas on them, light them on fire, and giggle like a madman! The only toys that survived my wrath belonged to my brother, which I recently acquired…
My parents didn’t discover that I was a pyromaniac until my friend Ryan and I accidentally lit the fence on fire…that was pretty much the end of me burning my toys…sad day.
April 12th, 2012 at 2:27 pm
So excited for these guys to meet my Barbies! I bet my sisters’ dolls still have hair 😉